Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing 18 Online Productivity Tools

First I thought Google Docs would meet an email need. What an easy software to use for communicating interactively. We just need to get our co-workers signed up to use and get started.

Open Office is interesting. Sun Microsystems is a player in the specialized networking field and they are much smaller than they were in the 90's. I find it interesting they are offering this for free and just ask for your feedback (?). I think this is a great idea, I am just not sure how this would work. What happens when you want to integrate a Microsoft document into this system? I cannot see the general population making the paradigm shift from MS to Open Office. I have been using MS products for the last 20 years, so I think it could be an interesting alternative. I forgot to read about their security, did anyone read it?

1 comment:

bookeatersclub said...

But, it is good to know that this freeware exists, especially if you share the info with students who may not have the Microsoft Products on their home computers.