Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thing 20 YouTube, Teacher Tube and Zamzar

http://www.teachertube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=04c327ce88972bc528ec

I hope this shortcut takes us to Excel 2007 How to Use Autofill. I have been sitting here for hours watching all the videos and having fun. There were lots of videos in YouTube when I went in to search. Teacher Tube had no videos when I searched for MS Office or Business teaching. So I just went into Teacher Tube Most Viewed and played around until I found some videos.

The one I am attaching could take the place of my demo which is using one computer which displays on the whiteboard. Students are more interested when they try to figure it out with their classmates than when I conduct a demonstration. They also would rather have their classmates help them than the teacher. As long as they are completing the task correctly, classmates teaching works good for me.

I think videos are a great way to give students information in a different format than some of the standard teaching.

2 comments:

bookeatersclub said...

Again, another great site to find videos that might put some zing in a lesson...

Mr. H said...

I really like the direction that you have taken in your thinking about the classroom of the future. I love the idea of peers teaching peers using technology!!! : ) Awesome!!! Thanks!!!