Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thing 22 Explore Nings

Yes I know this is out of order, but Thing 21 requires me to get my photos together before I can start. Therefore since Thing 21 will take some time I am working on Thing 22.

I looked at all the websites and focused more on the Ning for Teachers - Teacher Lingo. Nings can be a great way to provide communication on similar topics of interest. My first year teaching I taught a class that had no curriculum and I was constantly searching for topics on the Internet. I would have loved to have Teacher Lingo at that time. Teachers are great about helping each other but when you have to start from ground zero it can be difficult. Luckily through research and lots of teacher conversations, I developed more curriculum than I needed. It was a great learning experience for me and invisible to the students.

I can see that Nings would be very helpful in the classroom with student projects and other group activities.

2 comments:

bookeatersclub said...

How about a few new pictures of the volcano erupting...

Teacher Babs said...

Isn't technology wonderful? Who would have ever thought we could get professional development hours while sitting on a beach? The picture is beautiful.